We are a bit delayed in our reporting, but we hope you understand as we’ve been packing up the many patterns to send to you and your local quilt shops.Â Thank you for requesting QuiltWoman.com patterns!
We at QuiltWoman.com want to share some of the trends we noticed at market:
- Totes/Bags/Purses still huge.
- Brights seem to still be the big theme everywhere but with many many more modern fabrics.
- More pastels are showing up.
- Primitives and country items were few and far between.
- We still saw a lot of wool and wool felt.
- The black & white theme seems to be phasing into black & white with gray, tan, brown, and other colors.
- The current “new” color we saw everywhere is a beautiful shade of blue – medium in hue and slightly turquoise.
- Owls are the trendy motif this year – they are on fabric and in patterns everywhere including one on our website.
- Of course the GO! Baby was released and their booth was always busy.
- Moda of course making a big impact as always with their massive display.
- Embellishments are still strong.
After seeing the trends across the show floor, we are thrilled to feature some of our trendiest patterns in our Trend Report Blog Post:
WOOL + EMBELLISHMENTS
Purses and Totes? We have over 40 purse and tote patterns at QuiltWoman.com.Â You can see all of them by clicking on our left side-bar link, Bag, Tote, Purse and Accessory Patterns
And lets talk about embellishments- This is such a broad term for any item used to adorn your quilted/crafted project.Â We have two designers on the QuiltWoman.com team who really embody everything embellished.
The first designer is Beth Hefler.Â She’s the author of Once Upon a Time Fairy Tale Puzzle Quilts.Â The techniques described in her book really allow you to go wild with world of embellishing.Â Any fairy tale must have some sparkle, glitter and glitz.
Our second embellishment-strong designer is Sharon Watson.Â If you don’t know her name yet, you will.Â She recently released 24 tea cozy patterns with a distinct whimsical feel.Â In fact, her line of patterns were our top sellers at market and festival this year.Â Not only does she have seasonal tea cozies, she has funny, charming, and silly cozies as well.Â They are perfect.Â You’ll have to click on each product image to see the amount of embellishing detail Sharon uses.Â From the green crystals on Frank’s face to the fishing lures on the Gone Fishing cozy, she’s got something for everyone.
We are happy to share our trendy trends with you.Â Look for these titles and more at your local quilt shop!